The KIBO Difference
KIBO is a screen-free STEAM robotic toy, but do you know all that KIBO can do?
1) Constructive Play – Kids can build upon their KIBO with arts, crafts, and their creativity! KIBO can grow to new heights, depths, and deliver architectural masterpieces or characters that young minds can then program and interact with. With the Building Brick Extension Set, KIBO can transform into a moving interactive child’s creation using popular Legos®.
2) Problem Solving – With KIBO’s programmable wooden building blocks, kids discover essential learning tools such a sequential thought, cause and effect, and more, for children to discover new achievements on their own. With the trial and error nature of programming KIBO, children accomplish something that is not only beneficial in problem solving but also supports emotional growth through the determination of following through to get the desired results.
3) Critical Thinking – When a child wants their KIBO creation to perform a task, they need to consider the steps that must be taken before it can be done. These tactical, critical thinking skills are then applied to setting up programming blocks in a sequential order. As KIBO progresses through their sequence of blocks, the child analyzes the result to determine if KIBO is indeed giving them the desired outcome. And if necessary, the child then modifies the blocks to ensure KIBO does what they set out to achieve.
4) Sensory and Adaptive Learning – One of the best attributes of KIBO are all the different opportunities to use KIBOs senses and outputs – sight, distance, lights, sound. This type of learning appeals to all children when they PreK and K students are learning about “the 5 senses”. They exploring these senses with KIBO and determine what they want KIBO to “feel”, just as they use their senses!
5) Durable, safe, and tested – KIBO is built for young kids. And kids love to explore, uncover, and dissect. The underbelly of KIBO has a transparent covering so children can look inside and see and get involved in the technology. It’s made of durable materials that can withstand the activities and oopsies of kids as young as 3 years old.
6) Versatile – Unlike other learning STEM/STEAM robots, the versatility of KIBO provides endless hours of imagination, ingenuity, and creativity. No one KIBO needs to be alike, from the changing of wheels, to the sequence of actions, to the artistic opportunities it affords.
7) Fun Activities – Most of all, KIBO is experiential learning through play. It is this generation’s playdough, Mr. Potato Head, and tinker toys, all rolled into one. KIBO can be a game, an art project, a science experiment, a geography lesson, and even an interactive storyteller. With KIBOs’s lesson plans and curricula for educators, there are endless ways to make KIBO your teaching assistant and a student’s best friend.
8) Backed by solid research foundation – Based on 20 years of research by leading early childhood development researcher, Professor Marina Bers from Tufts University.
9) Screen-Free – It’s a screen-free toy! Time to unplug from those devices and play!
10) Age Appropriate by Design – KIBO is specifically designed to allow children 4-7 to engage in learning STEM skills, computational thinking, and 21st century skills.
11) “Sneaky” learning – They won’t even know they are learning invaluable STEAM skills such as the engineering design process – Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, Test & Improve and Share – that they can use in any of their classes!
12) Tested and approved – Used in 59 countries and by thousands of children and their caregivers.
13) Purposeful design – Using natural materials, KIBO offers a gender neutral, inclusive design.