We are looking forward to participate in the upcoming National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Annual Conference, taking place November 20 – 23 in Nashville, TN. We are excited to be demonstrating the KIBO robot to early childhood educators throughout the nation. Come play with KIBO in Booth # 1039!
Learn more about KIBO and learn how this innovative STEM robot enables children to build their own robot, program it to do what they want, and decorate it – all without screen time.
You can also get hands-on with KIBO and learn about early learning technology at these exciting sessions:
- Six benefits of using robotics with young learners: Get hands-on with the screen-free KIBO robot! – 11/21/2019, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM, Music City Center, Room 106B
- Jason Innes, KinderLab Robotics, Theresa Maves, Kindercare Education, Cate Heroman, Knock Knock Museum
- Tangible coding for young learners
- Amanda McPherson, STEMAZing Teacher Leader, Pima County Superintendent’s Office – 11/20/2019 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Room 207C, Music City Center
- What is this “coding,” and why should I care? Coding professional development ideas for teachers of young children
- Rusty Young, Director, Arkansas State University; Joanna Grymes, Faculty, Arkansas State University; Diana Williams, Associate Professor, Arkansas State University – 11/22/2019 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM, Room 110B, Music City Center
- Exploring key issues in early childhood and technology
- Chip Donohue, Founding Director, Erikson Institute; Marina Umaschi Bers, Tufts University; Warren Buckleitner, Children’s Technology Review and Fred Rogers Center; Natalia Kucirkova, University of Stavanger, Norway – 11/22/2019 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM, Broadway J/K, Omni Nashville
- Coding demystified for ages 3–8
- Jennifer Bowden, Director, Training & Program Development, Goddard Systems, Inc.; Sarah Allen, Director of Teaching and Learning, Indian Creek School; Wendy Oliver, Instructional Technology Specialist, Kamehameha Schools – 11/22/2019 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, Legends D, Omni Nashville
- Coding around the curriculum: Including pre-coding in a developmentally appropriate manner
- Rusty Young, Director, Arkansas State University; Joanna Grymes, Faculty, Arkansas State University; Diana Williams, Associate Professor, Arkansas State University – 11/22/2019 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM Room 209C
About NAEYC Annual Conference
This annual conference is the largest gathering of thought leaders, classroom teachers and faculty, administrators, and other important practitioners and contributors in early childhood education.