- This event has passed.
Webinar – How Can I Use KIBO in Blended or Distance Learning?
June 3, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Please join us on June 3rd at 3pm (EST) for the webinar – How Can I Use KIBO in Blended or Distance Learning?
Hear from two leading STEM educators from Boston Public Schools and The Agnes Irwin School on their practical suggestions and concrete advice on how to incorporate hands-on, screen-free robotics with KIBO into a distance- or blended-learning model for creative STEAM education both at home and at school.
With a bit of prior planning and logistics, KIBO can become a powerful tool for distance learning. KIBO invites children to design, build, create, code – an engaging introduction to powerful ideas from computer science, engineering and robotics in a structured, developmentally appropriate way. As educators, we have to prepare changes to the structure of school – but we also have an opportunity: to implement an inclusive new model of education that increases connection between parents, children, and teachers; between school and home.
Details of the Webinar
In this webinar, learn how KIBO:
- Is an ideal resource for early childhood blended learning that limits screen-time
- Aligns with learning standards and objectives
- Provides Hands-on learning through play
- Invites parent-child engagement
- Promotes engagement between the child and his/her peers despite distance
- Can be easily distributed to student homes regardless of technology access
- Katie Caster – Teacher, Boston Public Schools, MA
- Kim Walker – Director of Technology Integration and Innovation, The Agnes Irwin School, PA
- Jason Innes – Manager of Training and Curriculum Development, KinderLab Robotics, MA