– The Central Hub for a KIBO Education
Interested in learning more about how KIBO, the screen-free STEAM robot, can fit into your school or district’s early childhood education initiatives? You have come to the right place! Learn more about the importance of introducing robotics to your young learners, starting at PreK and throughout elementary school.
KIBO lets even the youngest children create, design, decorate and bring their own robot to life! KIBO is an easy and fun way to bring robotics and coding to your young learners and spark their interest in STEM/STEAM. When children code with KIBO they are learning invaluable skills that will lead them on the path for success in STEAM skills and future careers.
It’s Not all Fun and Games. KIBO is Backed by 20 years of Research
Developed by our co-founder, author, and leading researcher, Dr. Marina Bers, KIBO is based on years of research in early childhood development from Tufts University, where she runs the Tuft University Developmental Technologies Research Group. KIBO has been tested with thousands of children and teachers and has proven efficacy in helping kids learn STEAM.
Used in 60+ countries and tested and approved by thousands of children and their caregivers, KIBO has proven efficacy in helping kids learn STEAM, and getting them excited about it!
I’m Interested! How do I learn more?
What KIBO Offers Educators
KIBO starts the youngest children on a pathway of creative coding and robotics. They playfully discover STEAM concepts by coding with wooden building blocks, creating sequences, and learning design processes — all without requiring screen time. KIBO benefits include:
- Fun, imaginative and easy
- Designed for open-ended play
- Can be integrated into existing curriculum or classroom projects, such as literacy, social studies, science, math and art curricula.
- Transform KIBO into anything the child imagines with its art platforms — a research project on migrating whales, a re-enactment of a favorite storybook, a cultural dancer, exploring the solar system, and more!
- Over 160 hours of standards-aligned STEM curriculum and teaching materials to ensure your success when introducing KIBO in your classrooms.
- Easy to implement lesson plans and fun play-based activities
- Builds students’ basic engineering and programming skills;
- Training and support in integrating robotics into your classroom with a wide range of cross-curricular connections to literacy, community, dance, science, and more!
We also understand the importance of professional development when bringing new tools and technologies into your teaching. KinderLab Robotics offers a wide range of training and professional development support. From tutorial videos, to one-hour web conferences, to two-day on-site workshops, KinderLab will work with you to ensure you and your colleagues feel prepared and confident when introducing STEAM robotics to your students.
Interested in Learning More?
We have various resources to help you get started and are always available to help answer any questions you may have.
- Learn more about the KIBO Difference – Constructive Play, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, and more!
- Download our FREE Whitepaper – 6 Key Benefits of Using Robotics with Your Youngest Students
- Request a 1:1 online demo to discuss your specific needs
- See our Professional Development and Training Offerings
- Look for available grants and funding
For More Information
- Using STEM Engineering Kits in Early Childhood Education
- Technology Becomes the Playground
- Top 3 Reasons For Teaching Kids to Code
- Innovative Ways To Integrate Kids Programming Toys Into Early Education Curricula
- 9 Benefits of Programming and Coding Robots for Kids
- STREAM Education in the Classroom
- Teach Kids STEAM, the Literacy of the 21st Century
- STEM Robotics Kits in Preschool Education
- 6 Key Benefits of Using Robots with Your Youngest Students
- STEAM Curriculum Resources with KIBO
- Request a Demo of KIBO the Educational Robot for Kids
- How Robots Bring Play to STEAM Education
- STEM Grants for Elementary Schools
- Teach Kids Programming – Get Started With KIBO Tutorials
- KIBO Extensions, Modules, and STEM Guides
- STEM Curriculum and Teacher Materials
- STEM Activities for Elementary Students
- KIBO News and Robots in Early Education
- Learn Programming for Kids
- STEAM Toys for Kids