Your KIBO Education Hub
You’ve found it! Everything you need to know about KIBO and how it can fit into your school or district’s elementary education initiatives.
Backed by 20 Years of Research
With KIBO, even the youngest children create, design, decorate and bring their own robot to life! KIBO brings robotics and coding to young learners in a way that sparks their interest and spans STEAM curricula to bring your lesson plans to life.
Developed in collaboration with author and leading researcher, Dr. Marina Bers, KIBO is based on 20+ years of research in early childhood development from Tufts University, and now Boston College, where Marina runs the Boston College Developmental Technologies Research Group.
Used in 70+ countries and tested and approved by thousands of children and their caregivers, KIBO has proven efficacy in helping kids learn STEAM, and getting them excited about it!
What KIBO Offers Educators
KIBO kickstarts a child’s pathway to creative coding and robotics, through exploring concepts by coding with wooden building blocks, creating sequences, and learning the enginnering design process. KIBO engages kids with playful coding and STEAM learning, all without screen time. KIBO offers students and educators:
- A fun, imaginative and easy way to introduce robotics and coding
- Individualized, open-ended play
- Over 160 hours of standards-aligned STEM curriculum and teaching materials to ensure your success when introducing KIBO in your classrooms.
- Easy to implement lesson plans and fun play-based activities
- Professional development and training to support integrating robotics into your classroom
KinderLab Robotics offers a wide range of professional development and training support. From tutorial videos, to one-hour web conferences, to two-day on-site workshops, KinderLab will work with you to ensure you and your colleagues feel prepared and confident when bringing STEAM robotics to your students.