Extensions and More!
There is more to KIBO than meets the eye!
The KIBO robot comes with a standard set of parts (see our compare chart). Learn more about KIBO, its parts and add-ons that will make it the best robot for you and your young learners.
- Free Throw Extension Set
- Marker Extension Sets
- Building Brick Extension Sets
- Programming Blocks
And don’t forget our teaching materials and curriculum guides!
KIBO has 3 different sensors to make KIBO come alive with “feeling”
With these sensors, KIBO will be able to sense its surroundings:
- Light Sensor (Eye) – Detects Light
- Sound Sensor (Ear) – Detects Sound
- Distance Sensor (Telescope) – Detects distance
KIBO gets to have a little fun with these modules
Let creativity shine with these modules that further enhance KIBO:
- Lightblub Module – Lights up in 3 different colors for visual excitement.
- Expression Module – Supports a variety of literacy activities and allows children to express themselves. Includes KIBO Whiteboard, Dry-erase marker, Flagpole, and Spacer.
- Sound Record/Playback Module – Give KIBO a voice! Explore literacy and language development, bilingual education, music, and more! Includes Sound Record/Playback Module and 3 Playback programming blocks.
- Motor Module – Not only does the motor run the wheels, but it can be used to spin the turntable art platform!
- Stage Art Platform – Provides a platform for decorating KIBO.
- Turntable Art Platform – A creative platform that also spins, furthering the KIBO fun.
Play and Toss with KIBO!
The Free Throw Extension Set lets KIBO toss ping pong-sized balls to learn experiential learning of forces, motion, and energy in a playful and fun way. Students can now code KIBO to drive to the basket and shoot, hit a target, and play games like basketball, quidditch, lacrosse, and catch.
- With the Free Throw attachment, students use rubber bands and 38mm ping pong-sized balls, to throw high or shallow, long or short, while exploring the basics of physics and mathematics, including trajectory, inertia, measurement, and force. See these free activities linked to Next Generation Science Standards to get the playful ideas going!
KIBO can draw!
The Marker Extension Set allows KIBO to draw as it moves! Attach the base to KIBO, then attach the “arms” to the base, and drop a marker into each arm. Let KIBO loose on a large sheet of paper, and KIBO will draw as it moves!
- Marker Extension Set – Each arm can attach to the base in two different ways: fixed, or freely rotating. And each arm can be attached to other arms to create a marker chain! Kids can explore all of these different options to make KIBO draw in all sorts of ways!
- Marker Extension Set Extras – This set includes extra arms and additional washable markers for the KIBO Marker Extension Set. Attach more markers at once and create longer “marker chains” with this add-on!
Let’s build your KIBO up!
KIBO Building Brick Extension Sets allow children to expand their KIBO by building with the world’s most popular building bricks, including LEGO®, directly onto KIBO’s body.
- Building Brick Extension Set (Basic) – This set includes four building brick bases that fit into the four module ports on KIBO’s body. Students can use one, two, three, or all four of these building brick bases to build fabulous structures onto their KIBO body.
- Building Brick Extension Set (Deluxe)* – This set includes four building brick bases that fit into the four module ports on KIBO’s body, plus a purple building brick version for KIBO’s Art Platform. Students can make a stationary or spinning building brick creation with the two-sided purple Art Platform.
* Extension for KIBO 14, 18, and 21 Robots only
If you scan it, KIBO will do it
With these programming wooden blocks, children scan their program and tell KIBO what to do. By connecting the wooden blocks they are building a sequence of instructions, with a beginning and an end. When finished, they watch their KIBO come alive! Programming Wooden Blocks include:
- Begin and End Blocks – To be used to begin and end any programming sequence
- Wait for Clap Block – To be used in combination with the Sound Sensor (Ear).
- Motion Blocks – Including Forward, Backward, Turn Right, Turn Left, and Shake.
- Spin Block – Make KIBO spin around.
- Sing Block – To be used to make KIBO Sing.
- Conditional Blocks – Repeat, End Repeat, If, End If Blocks.
- Light On Blocks – White light On, Red Light On, Blue Light On blocks to be used with Lightbulb Module.
Allows Programming Flexibility
Parameters are limits that KIBO will follow, which allow additional functionality and programming: