Extensions and More!
There is more to KIBO than meets the eye!
The KIBO robot comes with a standard set of parts (see our compare chart). Learn more about KIBO, its parts and add-ons that will make it the best robot for you and your young learners.
- Building Brick Extension Kits
- Programming Blocks
And don’t forget our teaching materials and curriculum guides!
KIBO has 3 different sensors to make KIBO come alive with “feeling”
With these sensors, KIBO will be able to sense its surroundings:
- Light Sensor (Eye) – Detects Light
- Sound Sensor (Ear) – Detects Sound
- Distance Sensor (Telescope) – Detects distance
KIBO gets to have a little fun with these modules
Let creativity shine with these modules that further enhance KIBO:
- Lightblub Module – Lights up in 3 different colors for visual excitement.
- Expression Module – Supports a variety of literacy activities and allows children to express themselves. Includes KIBO Whiteboard, Dry-erase marker, Flagpole, and Spacer.
- Sound Record/Playback Module – Give KIBO a voice! Explore literacy and language development, bilingual education, music, and more! Includes Sound Record/Playback Module and 3 Playback programming blocks.
- Motor Module – Not only does the motor run the wheels, but it can be used to spin the turntable art platform!
- Stage Art Platform – Provides a platform for decorating KIBO.
- Turntable Art Platform – A creative platform that also spins, furthering the KIBO fun.
Build Brick Extension Kits
Let’s build your KIBO up!
KIBO Building Brick Extension Sets allow children to expand their KIBO by building with the world’s most popular building bricks, including LEGO®, directly onto KIBO’s body.
- Building Brick Extension Set (Basic) – This set includes four building brick bases that fit into the four module ports on KIBO’s body. Students can use one, two, three, or all four of these building brick bases to build fabulous structures onto their KIBO body.
- Building Brick Extension Set (Deluxe)* – This set includes four building brick bases that fit into the four module ports on KIBO’s body, plus a purple building brick version for KIBO’s Art Platform. Students can make a stationary or spinning building brick creation with the two-sided purple Art Platform.
* Extension for KIBO 14, 18, and 21 Robots only
If you scan it, KIBO will do it
With these programming wooden blocks, children scan their program and tell KIBO what to do. By connecting the wooden blocks they are building a sequence of instructions, with a beginning and an end. When finished, they watch their KIBO come alive! Programming Wooden Blocks include:
- Begin and End Blocks – To be used to begin and end any programming sequence
- Wait for Clap Block – To be used in combination with the Sound Sensor (Ear).
- Motion Blocks – Including Forward, Backward, Turn Right, Turn Left, and Shake.
- Spin Block – Make KIBO spin around.
- Sing Block – To be used to make KIBO Sing.
- Conditional Blocks – Repeat, End Repeat, If, End If Blocks.
- Light On Blocks – White light On, Red Light On, Blue Light On blocks to be used with Lightbulb Module.
Allows Programming Flexibility
Parameters are limits that KIBO will follow, which allow additional functionality and programming: